Thursday 25 July 2019

simple pleasures no. 10 - heaven in a wild flower



Well, not quite wild. It's actually the head of a cultured allium, grown in our back garden. There is, however, a significance in the title to this photo which I will come onto in a moment.

I love alliums. They bring late spring colour, then as the flower-head fades it reveals the beautiful skeletal globe holding the seeds of the next generation. In more ways than one, life comes full circle.

Which brings us back neatly to the very first posting in this series - 'Time Has Told Me' the title of a song by the late Nick Drake.  It featured on an early compilation album, 'Heaven in a Wild Flower', released following his premature death.

As I look back on the photos I've taken and the words I've written I begin to realise my simple pleasures of life lie in those good things which feed my body, my mind and my spirit.  What better way to finish than with some more superb music by Nick Drake.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!