Monday 18 June 2018

a return to Polar Bear

Dear Sheddists,

I first visited Polar Bear some two years ago and each time I return it seems to get better.  I was there again last week and was not disappointed.

Steve, the owner, was fantastic - knowledgeable, friendly and keen to deliver first-rate customer service.  During the course of an hour at Polar Bear he greeted all his regulars by first name, engaged with a new customer in a conversation about the Rolling Stones live experience and allowed me the freedom of his shop to take some photos.

Most impressive of all Steve told me during the course of an all-too-brief conversation that he would never sell anything to a customer he thought they would not like.  Now that is customer service!

I left a happy man clutching a boxset by Harold Budd, the excellent new Jon Hassell album and the recently re-issued, 'Chairs Missing' by Wire.

If you haven't visited yet, Polar Bear is definitely a place worth looking out!

Best regards,

electrofried(mr)













1 comment:

  1. Polar Bear is my favourite record shop. As you said, Steve is very knowledgeable and always happy to talk and offer advice based on your musical preferences.
    I have 2 children in their late teens who have their own turntables in their own rooms, and Polar Bear is responsible for at least half of their collections.
    I am so busy that I struggle to get in as often as I like, and so therefore often leave with several bags full for me and the kids.
    He introduced them to a local band, Table Scraps, and now they have bought ever since on vinyl.
    Top shop, top bloke, top customer service.
    'Nuff Said!

    ReplyDelete

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!