Sunday 31 July 2011

respect the light ...

It moves, it shimmers, it burns away the early morning clouds to etch the sky cobalt.

I've been up at crack of dawn, camera in hand, pondering a mystery. The complete and utter impossibility of taking the perfect photograph. It's over twenty eight years since I began this strange voyage, yet still she eludes me. Sometimes I get closer than others. An ambush late at night, or a dawn stalk like today. Yet still she makes away to the thinning air.

There was a time I was bedazzled by harsh mid-day colour, intoxicated with swirling motion. And now I seek still. She is to be found there, in the empty tranquility. If I just look a little harder ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!