Friday 2 November 2018

within walking distance - the poetry workshop



Another highlight of the 'Within Walking Distance' project is the Poetry Workshop run by the fabulous Emma Purshouse.

Wolverhampton born Emma is a hugely gifted performance poet, comedienne and author. She's also a highly talented teacher, as I experience first hand during her Workshop. Photos taken, I put down my camera, join in and compose a mawkish haiku about my recent visit to the community centre in Langley Park. 

Here it is in all its perfunctory glory ...

iron gates shutter
the sun lit grey haired smiles
parked memories 

Passing on quickly, I thoroughly recommend a listen to this poem written by Emma to celebrate the WWD project.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!