Wednesday 4 September 2013

Boom-box and ting ....

Dear Sheddists,

I arrive in the City late afternoon of Bank-holiday Monday, just in time to catch the conclusion of Notting Hill Carnival.  A quick check-in at the Halls of Residence I've booked for the duration of my course and then straight across London in a packed tube-carriage.  I exit the station to join a joyous stream of humanity in search of the muffled boom-boxes playing just a little way ahead. It's carnival time!

I pause en route at a Notting Hill newsagents and stock up with some much needed liquid-refreshment to replenish my fluid levels, plumping for a health restoring can or two of chilled Red Stripe. Suitably revitalised I dive off again into the stream and join the Carnival procession.

Two and a half hours later I re-emerge from the throng, Red Stripe consumed along with a generous portion of jerk chicken.  What an experience!  Vibrant colours, throbbing Carnival ragga and more booty than you could shake a leg to.  A great start to my week in the City.

best regards,

electrofried(mr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!