Wednesday 5 July 2017

the people behind the pictures

Dear Sheddists,

you may remember a month or two ago I posted a gallery of photos telling the story of how some beautiful wooden displays were installed at a newly-opened community home. Just click here to have a look.

Well I've been back again, this time to meet Peter and John who came up with the ideas and did the research for the silhouetted images which were laser-cut into the wood.  They're both care workers with the charity that runs the home.

Peter and John prove to be great company. I learn from Peter of his great passion for kites and how he can even fly one indoors. From John I learn of his thirty years service as a taxi-driver and the blossoming career of his son as a model.

Time passes all too quickly and we're joined by June, the manager of the community home, for some final group photos. It's a real privilege to visit places like these and to speak to people who have such passion for their work.  Hopefully this won't be my last time I'm here.

Best regards,

electrofried(mr)


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!