Monday 29 September 2014

Lost and found

One of the joys of running multiple film cameras is the unexpected pleasure of discovering a long forgotten undeveloped film.  I have a little Olympus Mju II tucked deep in the glove-compartment of my car that rarely sees the light of day, but last week it was pressed into action once more.

The Mju II is a fantastic compact which you can hold in the palm of your hand. It has virtually no features or fancy controls, but it looks great, is as light as a feather and has a fantastic lens. I have a second one I take with me on occasion when I go to watch football but this one stays in the glove compartment just in case I forget to take a camera with me when I'm out in the car.

It was pressed into action last week when I wanted to do a little impromptu lunchtime street photography.  I carry a Leica Minilux (another of my favourite 'little 'uns') in my work satchel but discovered to my horror I had just four frames left to shoot. The Mju was rescued from the inner recesses of my car and I scraped another two or three shots out of it before it too reached the end of the film. And that's when the fun starts!

I got the film developed yesterday and to my great joy I discovered some pictures on it of my eldest grandson's Sports Day last year.  Not great photos, but ones that bring back fond memories and here they are…







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!