Monday 7 April 2014

Maybe I'm amazed

Mothering Sunday sees a small family party off in search of fun. We visit a stately home and picnic in its grounds …




Our eldest grandson spots an adventure playground and takes me across to explore.  At first it's just him climbing up one or two frames and swinging on a rope.





But then we discover the maze and there's no stopping him now! Into tunnels, across rickety bridges, up the climbing rope and down the slide, all the time with me in breathless pursuit.














Then, right at the very heart of the maze we chance upon a small playground complete with a grandson-sized helter-skelter.








But how are we to get out?  Grandson and I stumble across a path across the very top of the maze toward the playground we started off in.  And from there it's just a short slide down to rejoin the rest of the party.




We walk together round the gardens, stopping from time to time to take in the scenery.












Maybe I'm amazed, but oh what deep, deep joys to be found in the simple pleasure of a day out with my family!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my-love it! Wanted to tell you come and experience the maze and house of Speke Hall, but it doesn't have all that stuff! Still, you and family are firmly invited should you visit these parts, to come see it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tia, what a kind offer! I'm glad you enjoyed the little photo story. Family times are just so precious aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!