Saturday 19 October 2013

Season

spring ...

The light comes pure through fresh-salted sky.

Two figures dance, enchanted, across the wind-whipped, sand-strand beach. They seek out private places - youthful tenderness conceals their innocent but hungry naivety.

I am boy. A rock pool, warm and welcoming. I call to you.

I am girl.  I am soft seaweed, flowing through channels of spume.

Two sets of footsteps alone and entwined in the sand.

summer ...

Hot shards of light fall from the full-day sun  Come watch the curious dance. The steps still entwined embrace a new pattern between. Another set of steps, then another, then another.

They dart, this way and that, chasing in and out of the sandbanks.

I am man.  A rock pool, hard and black.  I crawl to you.

I am woman.  Barnacled.

Five paths, criss-crossed and labyrinthine mesmerising.

autumn ...

The sky is lowing gold, sinking deep to the waves and here two sets of footsteps stand for a moment frozen in contemplation of the shoreline.

But one set returns ....

winter

I am the wave.  I wash all the footsteps away .. in love.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I feel myself grow just as the seasons do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty, I'm so pleased you liked the little story. I'm very much looking forward to reading, "Passage".

    ReplyDelete

Please do add your comments here. It's always great to hear from readers!